|ZSH Archive contents|
The following is a list of the files for the current release found at the master archive and its mirrors. The archives also contain beta versions of zsh. The developers would like to caution use of these beta versions as the code may not be very stable. In each archive you should be able to find an MD5SUM file containing Message digest checksums for all files within the archive and pubring.pgp file containing some of the developer's public pgp keys. Filenames ending in .gz are compressed using GNU gzip and those ending in .bz2 are compressed using bzip2.
- Message digest checksums for download verification.
- Information about zsh ftp sites, web sites, and mailing lists.
- The zsh Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list.
- The complete source for the latest production release of zsh, including source files of all documentation.
- At the time of writing, there aren't any but you may see files with names of this form. They contain patches, for consecutive releases. So, for example, if you already have zsh-3.0.7 go to the zsh-3.0.7 source directory and do:gzip -cd zsh-3.0.7-3.0.8.diff.gz | patch -p touch configure stamp-h.inThen change the name of the directory to correlate to the applicable revision. Further patches sometimes appear on the sourceforge patched list
- This is a directory which will sometimes contain development (alpha) or pre-release versions of zsh.
- zsh-doc.tar.gz contains preformatted PostScript, dvi, html and info documentation for those who do not have the necessary tools to compile these from the sources.